Saturday, November 02, 2002

No post yesterday, much too busy with work and all that. A good thing, I think.

Nothing much to add today, either, except I would like to mention that I ran across a couple of sites devoted to the Sensational Alex Harvey Band this evening. Chances are you wouldn't remember them, but if you ever got to see them, either in person or on TV (like me, in '74) you would never forget them. Very theatrical, clever, rocking, and witty, and never to return since frontman Harvey died in 1982. I really really wish I could find a video of the shows that aired over here in the US that I saw. That would make me a happy boy for a little while.

Football tomorrow. The Falcons take on the Baltimore Ravens, and I think that they have a shot, especially since the Ravens don't have Ray Lewis. We shall see. I'll most likely spend all day and night in front of the TV.

Music listened to today: Coldplay's Parachutes...Sensational Alex Harvey Band's Next...and MP3s of Kate Rusby singing "The Moon and St. Christopher", Elton John's "This Train Wont Stop Here Anymore" and "I Need Love" (I gotta get that album, the first worthwhile thing that old queen's done in 26 years), Robyn Hitchcock's "I Saw Nick Drake" and Linda Lewis's "Lark".

TV shows: Mucha Lucha! and Kim Possible (two funny, clever cartoon series).

That's about all I got for this time out. Hopefully this (that is, I mean my contributions to this page) will get more interesting as time goes by. Stay tuned.

No comments: