Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Boy, it's just one right after the other these days, isn't it? Rest in peace, Mr. Flint.

On the other hand, here's a good news/bad news type thing: apparently da WB is cancelling Birds of Prey! This is a bit surprising to me since I wasn't aware that it was struggling in the ratings...I just don't follow that sort of thing as closely as I could, I guess. Serves 'em right for screwing around with the basic idea of the comic, which was just fine to begin with and didn't NEED any tinkering. For my part, as I said a few days ago, I didn't think the show was a total trainwreck, but it could have and should have been much better. So what's the good news? Fox has reportedly given the green light for more episodes of Firefly, my favorite new show of 2002. Read about both stories here.

Tomorrow's Wednesday, and of course it means NEW COMICS DAY! According to Diamond, I've got a fat stack waiting for me: the Filth 6, JLA 75, Lucifer 32, Y: The Last Man (and maybe: my last issue) 5, Daredevil 39, Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu 3, and (I'm not sure if I have added these to my holds) I think I'll be getting the Truth 1 and the JLA/JSA Secret Files 1. Probable Chase appearance, you know. Of course I will review these right here in my humble little blog, for all two or three of you that give a shit.

Music so far today: Martin Mull and His Fabulous Furniture From Your Living Room, an obscure 1973 gem...

No comments: