Friday, November 08, 2002

Everybody reading this should check out Joss Whedon's Firefly tonight at 7 central, 8 eastern on Fox. I have a soft spot for oddball westerns (one of my favorite movies is The Valley of Gwangi) and this one certainly qualifies. And don't put it off-the ratings have been not so good. I've read talk of it being moved to another night, so maybe that will help. It's got great characters, fine performances, the scripts more often as not have a sense of humor, and it's got Det. Harris from Barney Miller in it! Plus the actress that plays the courtesan-in-residence is a nuclear hottie. So watch already!

Picked up some back issue comics yesterday. Fables 6 and the first two issues of Jim Mahfood's Grrl Scouts mini from 1999. I didn't read the Fables simply because I didn't want to run across any spoilers before I read #'s 2-5 (I'm getting the trade when it comes out here in the next couple of weeks). I wanted to get familiar with GS because there's a new series coming out soon and I plan to pick it up too. I suppose it would be best if I reviewed it after I've read the last two.

More music: The Jayhawks-Smile, and Neil Young & Crazy Horse-Weld disc 2