Monday, November 18, 2002

I'm a bit annoyed. Since the Divine Weathermaker up there hath decreed that for every clear day around here we must have a week of gloom (or maybe that's just around me, I don't know), I'm not gonna get to see the Leonid meteor showers, going on somewhere in the night sky even as I type this. Of course, it was mostly sunny all day today, then clouds moved in this afternoon and here's the kicker-it's supposed to clear off tomorrow. *sigh*

In my never ending mission to inform, enlighten, and/or amuse those of you who have obviously nothing better to do or have stumbled upon this page by a.) mistake or b.) while looking for another blog, I have posted new links at right. More political-types-the aforementioned Rall and Toles, and someone I had forgotten earlier, Ruben Bolling AKA Tom the Dancing Bug.

Also, since I have a dearth at present of music-related links, I present the URL from the site for one of my favorite lyricists ever, Peter Sinfield. Some call his lyrics for 70's prog rock groups King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer overwrought and pretentious, others (like me) call them clever and imaginative. Go to the site and see for yourself, and don't forget to click on the "Promenade the Puzzle" section, which features amazing interpretations and annotations of the concepts and words behind the first four Crimson LPs, and his only solo LP as well. Yes, beneath my otherwise reasonable, not to mention cool and hip, demeanor lurks an appreciation for that most unappreciated musical format, Progressive Rock. Don't let me get started about Jethro Tull's "A Passion Play". Hope you're not too disappointed in me, I do have my good points, although I'll be damned if I can think of any offhand...

I may not ever have anything interesting to say, but I can link with the best of 'em.

More music today: Chuck Berry-The Great Twenty-Eight and Miles Davis' In A Silent Way.


No comments: