Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Here we are once again.

I think someone kidnapped me in my sleep and moved me to Seattle. It has done nothing. But. Rain. For. About. Three. Days. Straight. I swear to God if some farmer comes up to me and says "Boy, we shore needed this rain" I'll drop him in his tracks. I'm no sun worshipper by any stretch of the imagination but even I am getting sick of the gloominess around here.

Election day today and I did my spitting in the ocean bit, just like a good citizen of the Yew Ess Ay should. For the second year in a row the old ladies that sit behind the tables where we sign in and such mistook me for some poor Sims fellow. I think I'll go rob a bank...maybe they'll think he did it!

Sad to see where Jonathan Harris, AKA Lost In Space's Dr. Smith passed away yesterday. Even as a little kid I knew LIS was junk, but it was entertaining junk and watching Harris as the cowardly Doctor was magnificent. So here's to ya, Mr. Harris.

More links at left- a great fun site called Retrocrush, which spotlights all aspects of pop culture, often in laugh-out-loud funny ways, and Diesel Sweeties, a funny strip about pixelated robots and people. Kinda like Friends meets the Iron Giant.

One of the first things I did when I got home yesterday was turn on the TV and watch...no, not Monday Night Football, but
Match Game reruns on the Game Show Network. God Bless the GSN for reuniting me with Gene, and Dicky Dawson, and Brett, and Charles, Patti Deutsch (always had a perverse thing for her), Betty White, and an endless parade of has beens, never weres and up and comers. When I was a teenager, I would come home from school and watch Match Game, reruns of the Three Stooges, the Gong Show, and for a few years there, the great "Big Show" on Channel 5 out of Nashville, which, during the 60s and early to mid 70s, showed a constant stream of monster, Elvis Presley, and Jerry Lewis movies. One reason, no doubt, along with those goddamned comic books, why my sensibilities are so warped today. Anyway, even though the Match Game is kinda cheesy sometimes, when all the stars were together and getting along they had a great chemistry going and I just laugh my ass off at some of those shows. Ah, memories.

Music listened to today: Faces, Good Boys...When They're Asleep, Fishbone-Truth & Soul, Beach Boys-Sunflower, Julian Cope's Peggy Suicide, U2's Achtung Baby, The Pursuit of Happiness' One Sided Story, R.E.M.'s Eponymous, and Julian Lennon's Help Yourself.

No comments: