Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Just finished watching the new Buffy. Despite some minor quibbles I had, not really worth mentioning, this was a pretty good episode with lots of juicy characterization, some clever and witty dialogue (usually a given) and the return of some old "friends". I've been watching this show from day one, except for a couple of years (arguably the best ones, too, but I've since seen most of them in reruns) that my @#$%! FORMER cable provider didn't give us a WB carrier. Even rented the mostly lame movie. Still, after what? 6 years? It's still a pretty darn fresh show and totally unlike anything that's on right now, a big plus in my book. That being said, it still bugs me that Buffy can take so much punishment and still brawl like it's nothing...sure, she's a Slayer, but she's still flesh and blood. They probably explained this in year 3. Also, either they dig some shallow-ass graves in Sunnydale and don't use caskets, or we've been asked to believe that it's relatively easy to claw your way through a steel coffin and nine feet of packed soil. I know, I know...I mentioned them. The quibbles.

Tomorrow's comic book day! I'm dreading/anticipating the second issue of Alan Davis' Killraven, which disappointed me so much. Well, that's not exactly true. I was fearing the worst, and it wasn't terrible, but this isn't any old comic book series to me, it's Killraven, and I'm afraid that if Don McGregor isn't writing it, it just isn't KR...it's an impersonator running around in that terrible 70's Sigfried and Roy-style unitard. Also anticipated in my stack tomorrow: Fables 7 (still haven't read 6 yet), JSA 42, Tom Strong's Terrific Tales 5, and Jingle Belle's Winter Wingding! Man, I love Jing, especially when she's drawn by Jason Bone and Stephen DeStefano...

Good night, boys and girls.

No comments: