Monday, June 14, 2004

Shane at Near Mint Heroes has started a mean little meme that's spreading like wildfire through the comics blogosphereiverse. Of course, I'm referring to the "dream teams" in which we pick artist/writer teams we'd like to see on certain characters. Of course, I want to play, but I haven't had a lot of time to dwell on it and have only come up with three so far. So, I thought I'd post these and hopefully do more later. Here goes:

LEGION of SUPER-HEROES by SCOTT McCLOUD; I've always thought McCloud's style would be interesting on the 30th Century superteam, and he's shown that he can write human interest disguised as superheroics a la Zot!. It may not work, but I'd still like to see it.

LOS LOBOS by JAIME HERNANDEZ: Waitaminnit! Los Lobos? The blues-rockers from East LA? They're not comic book characters! But each of them has such a distinctive look that they could be...and I think a book, drawn by Xaime, featuring the Lobos guys getting into weird adventures and spy stuff all over the globe would be a hoot and a half. I'd just like to see Jaime draw the band...his terrible portrait of Amy Ray and Emily Saliers on their new album notwithstanding.

Finally, you may remember that I've written about this one before-

SUPER-HIP! by Grant Morrison and Philip Bond. Pete Milligan and Mike Allred might be fun too, but I'd rather turn Grant loose on the World's Most Disgusting Super-Hero. Leave the Benedict Arnold High faculty at home, except for Badger Goldliver and Tad's girlfriend, and have Tadwallader Jutefruice's swingin' alter ego fight the Mad Mod in 1966 London, something which I just know Bond would nail visually.

OK, that's all I got for now. Hopefully I'll think of more down the road.

No comments: