Monday, May 10, 2004

Y'know, I'm kinda liking this Blogger upgrade...at least now I have some of the buttons above the text field that I didn't have before because I'm on a Mac. Of course, of the four I'm seeing, only the "insert link" key actually functions, but hey-it's a step in the right direction anyway! Especially considering I'm using the pretty much and soon-to-be-if-not-already obsolete OS 9 instead of OS X!

I kinda like the way the previous posts are arranged, too. I like being able to call up a draft and publish it without having to uncheck the "draft" box. I had hoped the upgrade would solve my template problem- I'm not seeing all the code on my Macs, and I have to get on a PC before I can add links, buttons, functions or pictures or change colors and fonts. I do like a lot of those new templates that are now available, but would rather go through a root canal with no local than go through the ordeal of restoring all my links and buttons and bells and whistles...so I guess I'll keep ol' blue for a while longer. Plus, I don't see the comments function that Tegan referred to, not that I would use the function anyway. Probably a perk for those PC users out there. Bastards.

We Mac people learn to do more with less, it seems.

By the way, go check out my Sketch Blog! And leave a comment, even if it's "you stink". I've been digging around the basement and other parts of the house, looking for all the art I did over the last few years, trying to find some good stuff to put up and hoping to have to avoid drawing anything new for a while. Oops, did I just say that? Actually, the reason I started it was to do precisely that: to goose me into drawing regularly again. So far, the spirit has been willing but the flesh has been weak but I have the goodest of good intentions so don't give up on me!

Soon, and I'm well aware of promising more than I can deliver (always a phobia of mine), the other five Vinyl-O reviews, a paragraph or two about the trades I picked up last Saturday: King David, Sandman Presents: The Furies, and New X-Men 2. I also received three issues of the newish kids series Sidekicks, and plan to opine on them as soon as I can sit down and read 'em. I'd write about movies, but the only movie I've seen from beginning to end lately was Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle, whichis kinda review-proof, y'know, because it doesn't aspire to be anything else but a big, dumb, loud rollercoaster movie, and it certainly succeeded with flying colors. Haven't seen Kill Bill Vol. 2 or Van Helsing yet, thanks for asking. I did see where a Priscilla Lane film I haven't seen in years, Saboteur, is coming on TCM later this month. Looking forward to that- it's the only time Alfred Hitchcock ever made do with Priscilla's services. Said she was too girl-next-door-ish or something like that. Hmph.

The Official NHL Playoff Team of the JBS, the Calgary Flames, beat San Jose yesterday and are now up 1-0 in their best of 7 series. Go Flames, eh!

OK, I'm done. Oyasumi nasai.

Update! Looks like I do have that comments function, after all. I wasn't looking for it in the right place, that's all. I'm still happy with Haloscan, so all's well for now.

No comments: