Thursday, May 20, 2004

I was listening to Electric Light Orchestra II the other day, and the whole time I also kept flashing on scenes and certain panels from DC's 1973 Shadow series, specifically issue #2. Because I was first listening to that album at about the same period of time that I was first beginning to get acquainted with the Shadow, and in particular Mike Kaluta's atmospheric artwork on same, the album and that particular comic are forever linked in my mind. Another example of this is Rick Wakeman's 1973 solo debut Six Wives of Henry VIII and issue #29 of Amazing Adventures featuring Killraven, specifically the snow skimmer chase sequence at the end. If you've ever read it you'll know the one. Say, when are we gonna get an "Essential Killraven", anyway?

So I'm wondering- do any of you do this? Associate certain albums or songs with certain comics? Enquiring minds wanna know...

No comments: