Wednesday, March 05, 2003

I see where there's going to be an odd Batman TV show reunion movie on CBS Sunday night. I've always had kinda mixed feelings about the show. On the one hand, it's done immeasurable damage to the perception of comics among the great unwashed out in the world. When the show premiered, I was six, and although I watched it regularly it always pissed me off that the Batman on TV was nothing like the Batman in the comics I was reading, even though (in all fairness) the Batman comics at the time changed a bit to reflect the campy feel of the show. But on the other hand, when I got older and less inclined to take comics so seriously, I was able to loosen up and appreciate it for what it was, and it was often wickedly funny...and better still it was never mean-spirited towards the conventions it sent up. Adam West has a website, and while it's really heavy with Batman-themed graphics if you click around a bit you'll find some interesting stuff.

No comments: