Thursday, June 26, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Today's BSBdG's go out to Chris Isaak, who turns 47 today.

I've always kinda liked his Orbison/Presley-ish modified rockabilly music, and while I can't say I like everything on every one of his albums, there's a lot on each I do like. My favorite of his efforts so far, though, remains his self-titled 1987 album.

Another thing I really like is Isaak's show on the Showtime network. It's a humorous look at the life of a working pop singer, and sports a great ensemble cast including several members of his real-life group...who tend to upstage the real actors all the time. It's a hoot, and if you get a chance to see it sometime you should. I think they air it on VH1 occasionally, but those are usually edited for content. Myself, I'm hoping for a DVD collection someday.