Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I'll kick things off today with a BSBdG to Mr. Peter Weller, who turns 56 today. He's done many other fine films, but he'll always be Buckaroo Banzai to me.

For a funny review of the Banzai film from a website called StompTokyo.com, go here.

The Buckaroo Banzai FAQ is a treasure trove of info for those who are inclined to seek it out, and here's the link. While checking it out this morning I read the expansive press kit, with bios of characters and actors, and also saw the Mike Kaluta piece that the great artist did for a fake comic book that appeared for about 5 seconds in the movie. Meant to ask him about that when I met him a couple of years ago but forgot. C'est la vie. And lest I forget: The official Banzai Institute website.

I like that movie; cant'cha tell?