Friday, June 20, 2003

I haven't done one of these in a long time, so here's a new Friday Five!

1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?

Straight and short.

2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?

Well, I used to have a lot more of it. I had a Beatle cut as a kid, then grew it very long in the 70s- down past my shoulders! I had a couple of ghastly periods as a young man, first with a curly perm and then a mullet for a couple of years, but for the last 10 years or so it's been cut close on the sides and somewhat longer on top. And about 1985 or so I developed this lovely little bald spot right on the crown of my head which hasn't gotten any bigger, thank God, but still looks like crap. I've learned to live with it.

3. How do your normally wear your hair?

On my head.

4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?

Well, I'd get rid of that fucking bald spot, for one thing. I've considered letting it grow out long one more time before I die, but I don't have the patience to see me through that awkward transitional period.

5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?

My cousin poured glue in my hair when we were kids. That took some time getting out, let me tell you! I regard the curly perm and the mullet as disasters, too. No explanation for those, just seemed to be the thing to do at the time.

No comments: