Monday, June 23, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Guess I should have probably put a picture of Orlando Jones here, because actually what I'm going to mention is Sananda Maitreya aka Terence Trent D'Arby's recent appearance on his new talk show. D'Arby is out drumming up a little publicity for his "new" (actually a couple of years old, I think) CD, Wildcard. Judging by the one track he performed, Designated Fool, it sounds promising.

I've watched a couple of Jones' shows now– he's got a relaxed, laid-back feel which works well for his interview segments, and he's got a likeable onscreen personality which also helps. There's an animated short, The Adventures of Chico and Guapo, which attempts to do something Cheech & Chong-ish but comes across (to me, anyway) as a bit crass. The way it's supposed to, I suppose. He also has filmed skits which are hit-and-miss funny, mostly hit. Having enjoyed his roles in several films (Drumline and The Time Machine, among others), I'm inclined to be interested in what he's up to anyway and so far, so good. He's better than Jimmy Kimmel, anyway...