Thursday, June 19, 2003

Added in the blogroll at right, another mostly comics blog: Unqualified Offerings. I found his piece on his classifications of the various "ages" of comics enjoyable and interesting. Lately there have been quite a few excellent articles on comics to be found on sites like Pop Culture Gadabout, Neilalien, Journalista! (just how the hell do you make that upside-down exclamation point, anyway?), Attentiondeficitdisorderly Too Flat (heretofore referred to as ATF), Franklin's Findings, and former DC editor Stuart Moore's (who I remember being very personable back in the old AOL DC message board days) A Thousand Flowers. Most of these sites are linked at right, if you're curious. I'd join in the discussions, but my famous lack of self confidence and vocabulary prevent me from doing so. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading 'em, though...

On a totally unrelated note, when Mrs. Bacardi asked me who Kate Hudson was (and who her parents were) I embarked on a search for info on The Hudson Brothers, whom you may remember (or maybe not) from their mid-70s TV shows, especially the Hudson Brothers Razzle-Dazzle Show on Saturday mornings. The HBRDS was one wacked out show and 14 year old me and my friends all thought it was the shiznit. If you don't have a clue what the hell I'm talking about, other than the gorgeous Ms. Hudson-Robinson, go here for the lowdown, the skinny, the 411, the straight dope on the Bros.

No comments: