Monday, September 20, 2004

Just in case someone cares, here's what I'll be getting Wednesday according to the new Diamond shipping list.

EX MACHINA #4
H-E-R-O #20
LUCIFER #54
PLASTIC MAN #10
SLEEPER SEASON TWO #4
WALKING DEAD #11


This week's official "Powers: I Can't Believe ANOTHER New Issue's Coming Out" award goes to Walking Dead, which I swear just came out a week or so ago. Plastic Man has my attention now, so I'm looking forward to seeing what Baker does next. I would have already dropped H-E-R-O if they hadn't announced its impending cancellation, and the underwhelming Ex Machina has another issue to justify my continued patronage.

In other news on Planet Dave, I went to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow this afternoon, and while driving home, with the golden afternoon sunlight of this beautiful day creating Maxfield Parrish scenarios everywhere I looked, I had quite a few thoughts about the film- but right now all I can say is that it's everything everyone says it is. And yes, I know that's mighty vague but I will write more about it later, I promise.

Also on the "hope-to-post-sometime-this-week" list are reviews of three Atomeka Press books: Brick Top, the Dave Johnson Sketchbook, and A1: Atomeka Big Issue 0, a few thoughts on the first seven issues of Kyle Baker's Plastic Man, which will not consist solely of me bitching about his art...much...; plus the long-delayed piece on Mad Yak's The Supernaturalists and the latest from AiT/PlanetLar, Bad Mojo. I'm also thinking I'd like to take a shot at the "favorite comics moments" meme that Will Pfiefer started (but that's gonna take some serious thinking, something which just isn't coming naturally to me right now). And for those of you who would like to see me write more about music (surely there must be somebody out there), a Johnny B's Mondo Vinyl-O is in the draft stage.

I know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and I'm beginning to break a sweat. But I'll try to get this stuff done soon, so you don't have to endure any more posts of this nature from me for a while...

No comments: