Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Time once again for that most magnificent of memes, This-or-That Tuesday!

April 15: The Money Edition

In the U.S., April 15 is the deadline for filing our income taxes. Even if the deadline is a different date in other countries, the fact still remains that we all have to pay taxes. And we can't survive without money!

In honor of this occasion, this week's theme is *Money*. A few questions about taxes, the rest about money in general. And a little bit of silliness, too!

1. File taxes as early as possible, or wait until the last possible minute?

Well, we don't wait till the last minute because we usually get money back; but it takes a while to get everything together so it's usually late February before we file.

2. File electronically, or mail paper forms?

Electronically.

3. Prepare your own taxes, or have someone do it for you?

I get Mrs. Bacardi to do it...she works for an H & R Block branch!

4. Are you a saver or a spender?

Sad to say, a spender. I wish I could save something.

5. Do you prefer to carry cash, or pay with plastic (credit/debit cards), or by check?

No preference. I write a lot of checks, keep a little cash on hand whenever possible, and use my credit/debit card all the time.

6. You're broke and desperately need a job, but the only places that are hiring are retail or fast food places. Which would you pick?

Talk about a rock and a hard place! Probably retail. I never really did fast food as a teen (pizza guy, mostly), but I knew people that did and they hated it.

7. Keeping track of your money: are you more meticulous or careless about it?

I'm not as metriculous as I should be but I do try to write everything down and keep everything balanced. I just don't make a crusade out of it.

8. What do you do if you find yourself with a lot of change weighing down your purse/pocket/wallet? Do you try to spend it to *get rid of it*, or do you put it in a jar or a piggy bank?

Of course, this rarely happens to me but I will often give change instead of a bill to reduce the "load". I have a jar at home as well which I contribute to occasionally (and withdraw from sometimes, too) but it doesn't fill up very fast.

9. Which form of fake money do you like better...Monopoly money or those chocolate coins covered with gold foil?

I love to play Monopoly, but the gold foil coins taste better than Monopoly money!

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You find a wallet containing $5,000 in cash, as well as several credit cards and the owner's drivers' license. Your rent is due tomorrow and you're short $200. Do you take the money (some or all of it) and mail back the wallet anonymously...or do you return the wallet with all contents intact?

I'd like to think I'd return the wallet intact and hope for a reward...but it would be tempting to keep some and return it anonymously, no doubt...

No comments: