Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Oh what the hell, how about another This-or-That Tuesday session!

1. The Bogey-Man or Henry Kissinger?
2. Whips 'n chains or soft ropes with furbound cuffs?
3. Fish sticks or Amazon.com?
4. Whitewall tires or color TV?
5. Leather or lace?
6. Abraham Lincoln or leftover turkey?
7. Movable Type or Star Trek?
8. Happy Happy Joy Joy or Bounce Bounce Bounce like Tigger?
9. The Michelin Man or the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man?
10. Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: If you HAD to marry one of the talking M&M's in the TV commercials, would it be the red one or the yellow one? Why?

What the f-? Oh. These are the April Fool questions. As Fred Flintstone used to say, "How duh-roll".

Here's the real ones:

1. Tag or hide & go seek? Hide & Go Seek. I always had more fun when I played that, it was easy to get lost. Or, when girls played with us, I was always told to get lost.
2. Hopscotch or wiffle-ball? No doubt about it- Wiffle Ball. Great game.
3. Chutes & Ladders or Candyland? No preference, but I used to play Candy Land more when I was small.
4. Chess or checkers? Chess. But I'm no good at it.
5. Parcheesi or backgammon? Never cared for either. Maybe I should have answered the April Fool questions after all...
6. Twister or Yahtzee? Twister has its charms, but I LOVE Yahtzee.
7. Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble? I like 'em both, but I like Scrabble more. Nobody will play me in Trivial Pursuit.
8. Monopoly or The Game of Life? No contest-Monopoly. I love that game.
9. Go Fish or Gin Rummy? Rummy.
10. Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: You have a young child (or just babysit one), who is about 6-7 years old, and you like to play various games with him/her. Do you: let the child win sometimes to help improve his/her self-esteem, or play normally, in order to teach the child that we can't always win in life?
I think letting the child win is not a good idea, especially in the long run. But I think you can maybe flub a move here or there, let him or her have little victories, and if they manage to win because of it, what the hey!" Just don't be as competitive as you would with an adult– the important thing is for the kid to have fun. Don't rub it in when you win. And that's Johnny B's child care tip for today.

No comments: