Thursday, April 10, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


On to lighter subjects...above is another one of my all time favorite album covers. I have a weakness for puns, I suppose, and visual puns even more so. The 1973 album itself is simply titled "Foghat", although it's been referred to by many different names over the years by those who care to refer to it at all, like "Stone and Sandwich", "Bun and Boulder", and of course, "Rock and Roll". I wish I could tell you the album was as good as its cover, but alas, it's a kinda forgettable blues-rock effort. Foghat didn't really get going until their next album, Energized, and the next two or three follow-ups.

Websites of note that I've run across lately:

The great John Prine.

Woodwind player extraordinaire Jim Rothermel. Rothermel's wonderful playing has graced many of my favorite albums, including Van Morrison's Veedon Fleece and Prine's Bruised Orange.

Girlamatic.com, which features "L'il Mel", the newest work from the magnificent Vera Brosgol. It's a pay site, so while you get to read the most current strip for free you have to subscribe to read previous ones. Fortunately, there's only been one other so go NOW.

There's a veritable plethora, El Guapo, of Futurama sites. Here's another one. And another.

You may already be aware of this, but you can go here to see three of the four animated Matrix prequels. They're pretty amazing.

Checked my Blogshares page yesterday and was astounded to see the value of my stock has risen dramatically, helped, no doubt, by finally getting my links straightened out and actually suckering, I mean getting some actual buyers of shares in the Show. A million billion thanks to those who have done so.

Did anybody else out there get this email? Weird, but it seems to be on the level. I don't think I'm ready for TV yet...

OK, OK, more later.