Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Some quick links and stuff from hither and yon:

A preview of the animated Scary Godmother toon! Looks better than I expected. For more on creator Jill Thompson go here.

Firefly is coming out on DVD! Every filmed episode, even the ones that didn't air. I hope it sells like hotcakes and Fox realizes what idiots they were by not supporting the show. For the skinny go here.

DC's 90's revamp of their decades-old Starman character by James Robinson and Tony Harris (and later Peter Snejbjerg) was one of the best things the company has released in recent memory, in my own humble opinion. Seems like it might be returning for a series of one shots, with Robinson and Harris doing the honors. This was revealed in a recent interview with Harris over at Pulse.

I've recently been made aware of a new comics slash movies slash games slash all that other kinda stuff site...they solicited recently on the DC Message Boards for comics reviewers and I responded. I'm supposed to be writing a longer review for them, due tonight. They want to see longer reviews from me than the capsules I usually provide here and over at the DCMBs. I'm workin' on it, I'm workin' on it! Anywho, you should go check it out, it's called www.411mania.com. Beware of popups.

I picked up the most recent R.E.M. release yesterday, Reveal. Too soon to comment. However, I've been digging the hell out of the Flaming Lips cd I got over the weekend, and I checked out their site the other day. It's got some neat Flash animations you can download. Go here to have a look-see.

That's all I got for now, hopefully more later.

No comments: