Wednesday, April 09, 2003

I suppose it didn't help that I was unable to see last week's episode of Angel, in which Cordy's evil "baby" was born, but for a long stretch of tonight's new eppy I felt like I hadn't seen an episode in months! I suppose it's just that I'm still mostly unfamiliar with the cast of a program that I've only been watching for a month. The most positive thing I can say about tonight's show is that it effectively captured that dream feeling of being all alone in a crowd, knowing a terrible secret and unable to find anyone that will help or believe you. Well, I've had dreams like that anyway. A little Invasion of the Body Snatchers-ish, I suppose, but still well done. The biggest negative was that the Jasmine character was excruciatingly annoying! I was on the edge of my seat not from tension, but from hope and anticipation that someone would make her stop spouting beatific platitudes!

Picked up an album today at the Great Escape along with my usual comics haul: John Martyn's Solid Air, for two and one half bucks. I've always been a little hot and cold about Martyn's jazzy folk (or folky jazz), but there's still a lot of his music that I haven't heard. Plus, the title cut's supposed to be about Nick Drake. Haven't listened to it yet. I'll let you know when I do...

I had something interesting happen to me today...Robert, the design group supervisor, told me that the website of the local Bowing Green newspaper, the Daily News, was advertising for bloggers, with the notion of linking or spotlighting local blogs. This intrigued me a bit, and after mulling it over I contacted the fellow over at the BGDN and gave him permission to include the JB Show in whatever he plans to do. I'm not sure whether it will involve just a list of links, or whether he'll post the current page for a week or so, or what. He may want to interview the writers, I dont know at this stage. All I can say is that I hope I can be interesting enough to make it worthwhile. I did find out through him that there were several other bloggers in this area that he had lined up, and that was interesting to me since I was unaware of anybody– although I was pretty sure that there were probably active bloggers at Western Kentucky U. I just hadn't encountered any of them, nor did I know anybody else who blogs personally. Oh well, I'll either regret this or find a whole new audience for my ramblings...or both.

Music this week so far: R.E.M.-Reveal, Masters of Reality, Rhett Miller-The Instigator, Paul McCartney-Driving Rain, Miles Davis-Tribute to Jack Johnson, Flaming Lips-Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, The Move-Shazam!, Future Perfect (a Gyroscope Records sampler which features Bill Nelson, Kate St. John, Channel Light Vessel, and others), and Neneh Cherry-Man. Plus at least two dozen vinyl LPs that I've been getting reacquanted with since Saturday, and I'll write a whole entry about them eventually.

No comments: