Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Whilst perusing DC's solicitations for June over at Comics Continuum, I saw a couple of things that piqued my interest, anyway...and they're (GASP) superhero comics!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


First, the return of Joe Kelly, Doug Mahnke and Tom Nguyen to JLA for issue 100. If nothing else, I suppose this is so they can launch the new book they'll be doing, titled The Elite. Sounds a little Authority-ish to me, but what the hell- if Mahnke & Nguyen are drawing, I'm buying. I honestly think that that they are one of the best, if not the best, mainstream superhero comics illustrators not named Darwyn Cooke. And while Kelly's reach often exceeded his grasp in his previous stint on JLA, I think he brought a lot to his tenure including some snappy dialogue and great characterization. So even though I dropped the book after Kelly, Mahnke & Nguyen left, I'll be picking this up along with The Elite, it would appear.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And look! They've decided to work the Mad Mod, one of my favorite 60's DC villains and beneficiary of an excellent revival episode in the animated series into the Teen Titans Go! comic series! I love that rendition of the Mod, so I suppose I'll be getting this as well. While I've been watching and enjoying the TV show, that hasn't extended to the comic series so far.