Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Happy posthumous BSBdG's are in order today for Theodore Seuss Geisel, who is better known as Ted LeSeig, or perhaps Dr. Seuss, who would have been 100 today. Favorite Seuss book: The Cat in the Hat Comes Back. I must have read that one a million times.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Also, happy happy to Uncle Lou Reed, 60 today. No, he's not my uncle, that's what Lester Bangs and the caption writers at Creem used to call him all the time. When push comes to shove, I suppose my favorite Reed album is Transformer, in no small part due to the presence of Mick Ronson- but I also love Coney Island Baby, Sally Can't Dance, New Sensations, and even the hard-to-love Berlin. Underrated album: 1996's Set The Twilight Reeling, and perhaps 1977's Street Hassle. Here's another really good Reed website.