Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Once again, Steven Wintle has pointed me to something I find cool and fascinating: Illustration Magazine's website, investigation of which in turn led me to discover the work of one Nell Brinkley, which is absolutely amazing. I was thinking "Aha! She has got to be an influence on Mike Kaluta, one of my favorite illustrators!" Then, I follow some more links to this page, which features more illustrators that remind me of Mr. MWK than you can shake a Windsor-Newton No. 2 at.

There's precious little of Brinkley's work on the Web, but I think I'll go back to the Illustration Magazine site and see if I can't print that article out, and investigate some of the others further, some of which I'm familiar with, many of which I'm totally unaware.