Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Another day, another several previously unknown-to-me comics blogs out there. One of them, which is Comixpedia's, links to a fun interview with the three ladies who played Catwoman in the 60s, Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, and Lee Meriwether.

Which brings me to a pet peeve of mine. It drives me absoultely stark raving insane to see how many people who write about that sort of thing, and should know better, think the principal 60s Catwoman actress was Kitt! For the love of God, Newmar was electrifying in that part for darn near the entire run of that show! Kitt only played Catwoman in the final third season, so the percentage was roughly 75-25 Newmar...but because Kitt had the nickname "Cat Woman" back in the 50s and early 60s (one reason why she got the role in the first place) in her Broadway stage and Vegas nightclub singing days, people now associate her in the part that Newmar pioneered! As that noted philosopher Chuck Brown used to say- "AAAAUGH!" Kitt was no more Adam West's Batman's Catwoman than John Astin was the Riddler.

OK. I'll be all right. By the way, I'll try to get around to adding many of you newcomers to the comics blogosphereiverse ASAP, but now I have to wait till I can access a PC before I can add links to my template code. No, I don't understand why, but that's the way it seems to be now.

No comments: