Wednesday, June 15, 2005

OK, my image host is now cooperating so it's time for a special Bacardi Show Birthday Greeting to the legendary NEAL ADAMS, who turns 64 today.

Impossible to describe how much I was blown away by Adams' at-the-time groundbreaking art, when I first encountered it in the pages of The Spectre, and a bit later on X-Men. It was so utterly different to anything I had encountered before- more realistic, more vital. Of course, time and legions of imitators have dulled his impact, but I wanted to recognize the day anyway- and here's a gallery of covers he did that made an impact on me back in the day. Click on the pics to see 'em bigger:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: