Saturday, June 18, 2005

I forgot to note that yesterday would have been the 78th birthday of the great Wallace Wood. He was born the same year as my late father. How 'bout that.

Honestly, I didn't know much about Wood's art until the mid 70's, when he did a number of inking and pencilling jobs for DC. Impressed by the compact preciseness of his line, and his *ahem* skill at drawing ze ladies, I did some digging (i.e. asked my bud Dave Puckett) and soon found out more about his great contributions to the industry. His Mad stuff (see below) is especially wild.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

All of which eventually led me to join Wood's revenue raiser/fan club, the "Friends of Odkin", and also to send him a letter asking if he'd be interested in critiquing my art. For the response, and my only interaction with Mr. Wood, I point you to this post.

No comments: