Saturday, October 23, 2004


Yep, that's right. Johnny B's Fearless NFL Pigskin Prognostications!

Standard disclaimer: These picks are FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. I'm not betting illegally with these, and NEITHER SHOULD YOU...and I take no responsibility if you lose your house.

OK.

ATLANTA over Kansas City- they're gonna have to score, simple as that, and it's tough to win in KC. But the Chiefs just can't seem to get any consistency on offense or defense, and I think Atlanta's D is up to the task of keeping the score down.

BALTIMORE over Buffalo. Take the under on this game.

TAMPA BAY over Chicago. Another low-scoring contest.

NEW YORK football GIANTS over Detroit. This really looks like the Giants' year, doesn't it?

INDIANAPOLIS over Jacksonville- The Jags will keep it from becoming a blowout, but the Colts are just in a different league than the up-and-coming Jacksonville team right now.

PHILADELPHIA over Cleveland- I think the Browns will make a game out of it, but the Eagles are just the better team.

SAN DIEGO over Carolina- The Chargers are just good enough, and carolina is in disarray with injuries. The Panthers could pull one out, but I just can't see it.

ST.LOUIS over Miami- BWAH-HA-HA-ha ha ha ha....whooo!

MINNESOTA over Tennessee- doesn't matter who I pick, these two teams drive me crazy. I like the Vikings at home, which means you should bet on the Flaming Thumbtacks. If you're betting, that is.

NEW YORK football JETS over New England- My upset special. That's right, my gut says the streak stops here. It has been known to be wrong before.

GREEN BAY over Dallas- another pair of teams that I just can't get a read on. The Pack is no longer automatic at home, but I think they have enough to beat Parcells' underwhelming and underacheiving Cowboys.

NEW ORLEANS over Oakland- The bad vs. the putrid. I like NO's offense better than Oakland's D, and while NO's defense truly sucks Oakland's offense is worse than that. Whatta ugly game.

SEATTLE over Arizona- I say the 'Hawks get back on track in the desert, but they better not overlook the gutty Cards.

DENVER over Cincinnati- Boy, the Bengals have been disappointing, haven't they. Again.

Last week- a rebound of sorts at 8-6. Season to date: 51-37, .580.

Fantasy:

Cut-Throat money league, I won again, in a big upset over a pretty damn good team, 56-36! That's more than I scored the last 3 weeks combined! Credit is due to a couple of smart pickups I made, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger and Broncos RB Reuben Droughns, along with the Buffalo Bills defense, who scored a TD. I hadn't been getting any production from my QB or RB's at all, and that makes a huge difference. This week I play an undefeated team, and I don't have the idle Roethlisberger so I'll have to go with Vick again...so we'll see how that goes. I'm now 2-4 on the season, and optimistic again.

Freebie Yahoo league: won 69-35. I'm now 4-2 in that league.

No comments: