Monday, October 18, 2004

Worked most of the day today (my day off) on a project, redesigning a media guide for a radio station. Boss of said station says here's the old one, see what you can do with it. It's one of those well-meaning, but kinda amateurish jobs, and I think I can do better, so I started working on it, and sandwiched it in with the other projects I have going on right now. Came to find out today, though, from the program director (who's really responsible for that sort of thing) that they just needed a new LOGO, and would go from there regarding other publications. Sigh. So it's back to the ol' iMac I go. Also did another phone interview, with a certain very highly regarded modern comics creator who is a nice guy but whose work just doesn't...work...for me at all, for the writing project which is progressing slowly but surely.

Anyway, that's why I haven't posted today.

I will, however, assume you care about what I'm getting, comics-wise, on Wednesday according to the new Diamond shipping list, and will fill you in forthwith:

H-E-R-O #21
HUMAN TARGET #15
IDENTITY CRISIS #5
LUCIFER #55
OCEAN #1
PLASTIC MAN #11


I also have copies of the Astro City: A Visitor's Guide and The Legend of Wild Man Fischer put back for future purchase. Gee, I really do buy a hell of a lot of DC comics, don't I... I really need to broaden my horizons some more. Be that as it may, I'm really looking forward to Ocean; the last Sprouse/Ellis collaboration, in Global Frequency, was outstanding.

Which reminds me...someday I want to write a longish article about an early Sprouse effort, from the early 90s. Maybe someday I will.

The great and powerful Mark Anthony has come through, big time, for me again- he sent me DVD copies of The Rolling Stones' Rock 'N' Roll Circus, which I shall definitely want to comment upon when I get half a chance- along with the Who Live at the Isle of Wight 1970 disc and a documentary about producer Tom Dowd, which I actually have already commented on after seeing it on PBS a while back. Many thanks, Mark!

OK, enough for now. I don't know how much I'll be able to put here the rest of the week, and I apologize...but I've got too much going on to really think about posting here all that much.

Anyway, as Dave Fiore would say, "Good night, friends!"

No comments: