Tuesday, October 12, 2004



Here we have a clever Kyle Baker cover for an upcoming issue of Back Issue magazine, due out in January 2005. It focuses on black superhero characters throughout the years, and features an interview with Thriller artist Trevor Von Eeden, whom I've been known to champion at this here site upon occasion, along with some early sketches of Black Lightning. The reason I mention this is that the last time I had heard from TVE, he told me that in the course of the interview, he had mentioned my Thriller website to the writer, and perhaps I might get a namecheck, thus further spreading the legend, the myth that is Johnny Bacardi...uh, excuse me, I mean doing me a really nice favor. Now, the ad copy for this issue doesn't specifically mention Thriller, so it may be that this will go in a future article down the road, who knows. But I saw this and went "Gasp! That must be it!"

We'll see. Guess I'll have to buy this issue, one way or the other. I've been trying to stay clear of these high-priced comics magazines, but I guess I can make an exception in this case...

No comments: