Thursday, February 03, 2005

Ooh! Ooh! Music meme! Found at Bill Sherman's, from Beaucoup Kevin.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
I'm at work, and my iTunes tells me I have 1307 songs, 5.57 GB. Mostly, it's CD's I bring from home and rip so I can listen to them here and not have to carry my CD's around so much. On the mighty mighty indigo iMac here at Casa Bacardi, 483 files, 1.9 GB. I seriously need to burn some CDs and get these off my computer.

2. The last CD you bought was:
Neil Young's On The Beach, purchased last Saturday. I had put it off long enough.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
"Morning Glory", Tim Buckley. From the 2 CD career retrospective of the same name. I'm still warming to Buckley, whose singing style is an acquired taste but the man could write a melody when he was inclined...

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
There are so many candidates for this, it's not even funny. Here's a list off the top of my head, mostly in the "mean a lot to me" category:

"What He Doesn't Know"- Lloyd Cole, from Don't Get Weird On Me Babe
"Anastasia" by Elliott Murphy, from Just A Story From America
"Glad And Sorry"- Faces, from Ooh La La
"The Lottery Song"- Nilsson, from Nilsson Schmilsson
"So Young"- Ron Sexsmith, from Other Songs

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Brendan! You, definitely. Dave Puckett! I still have many, many fond (if somewhat foggy) memories of listening to a lot of great music at his basement apartment circa 1977. And I would have said Bill S, but he's already done it, or Sean Collins, who doesn't blog anymore...if anybody else wants to take a crack at it, cool, but let me know if you saw it here first, 'kay?

No comments: