Sunday, February 27, 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

How to get my attention, exhibit no. 425796876.

I present to you the cover for the recently-released-stateside album by dear little Emma Bunton, aka Baby Spice, titled Free Me. Even though what I do for a living now bears little resemblance to what I dimly remember as "graphic design", I think this is an elegantly simple design, with an appealing choice for a font and excellent composition.

Hell, I might even try to get this one of these days. I've only heard one cut, the giddy (and giddily titled) salsa workout "Crickets Sing for Anamaria",and it was OK. Still, it's way down on the ol' wish list- but I do like this cover. This is why, not to sound like a Luddite or anything, I would hate to see the mp3 file and the iPod-type player become the dominant music format. When you download songs from a site, that's all you're doing- downloading the music file. There's no art or packaging. And I love album cover art way too much to ever want to see CD's phased out like vinyl has been. Of course, if I could afford an iPod I might f eel differently...but I doubt it.

No comments: