Tuesday, December 17, 2002

You may remember that I work part-time at a small AM radio station here in the town where I live. One of the things we broadcast is local high school sports, and that's what I'm doing right now- minding the board and playing commercials during timeouts. Not real exciting. The game's a blowout too. So with one ear on the game, I sit and type to help pass the time.

Great, great, great Buffy episode tonight. I was able to half-ass watch it, again with one ear on the game. While I'm not one that thought last year's BTVS was as lame as many would have you believe, it can't compare to the tight scripts this year. One of the nice things about the storyline running through this season is the overwhelming sense of insecurity that the shape shifting First engenders; he could be anyone, anywhere. No one can be trusted, not even (SPOILER HERE) Giles. And I don't trust "Giles", if for no other reason that we never saw what happened a few weeks ago when it looked like he was gonna get his head lopped off. Hats off to Joss Whedon; he's helped make my TV viewing experience a lot better over the last few years.

A big hello right back to Czelticgirl, see link at right, who's blog was recommended by Brendan (he who is known as...Leptard! Again, see link at right) as a result of my open call for interesting pages. I've added several and all of them, even the ones that were recommended but have not been linked to so far, are excellent.

I do indeed have a favorite Christmas songs list prepared, but I don't have time to type it yet. Soon.

Music today: John Lennon-Walls and Bridges, Maria McKee-Life Is Sweet, Masters of Reality, Geri Haliwell-Schizophonic, Los Lobos-Colossal Head.

No comments: