Saturday, December 14, 2002

After the blog orgy of last night, I'm gonna try to make this one short n' sweet.

Thanks to everybody who's responded to my request for links to other blogs for me to add; I've added several already and fully intend to add more later. Joanie, Devra, Brendan, youse guys rahk. Anybody else want to step up and represent for your bloggin' homies?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usFound, over on the Pulse message boards, a link to a preview of the upcoming first color issue of Jack Staff #1. I think Paul Grist's Jack Staff is one of the best (and most overlooked) comics being published today. Scriptwise, it avoids cliches and predictability and is excellently dialogued, with memorable, clever characters and Grist's art (while not fanboy-friendly in the least) is always fresh and expressive, he is a master of innovative compostion, and in rendering shadows and light spaces deserves mention in the same breath as the acknowledged masters Mignola and Toth. Guess you can say I'm looking forward to JS getting more mainstream recognition; it's been previously published in B&W by Grist himself through his Dancing Elephant Press. Heck, DEP issues #'s 11 and 12 have yet to come out and I'm looking forward to them even more. Check out the links above and see if you agree.

In sports, my beloved Atlanta Falcons will try to pick up the pieces of their Tampa Bay debacle last week and continue the push to clinch a playoff berth by taking on the Blue Man Group, aka the Seattle Seahawks. Seattle's improved a lot on offense, but their defense is still pretty weak and I'm hoping my Birds can outscore 'em. Noon tomorrow, we'll see.

In college basketball,University of Kentucky was defeated by Michigan State today, but hey, it's only December. UK schedules games like this to get 'em ready for March; if they're struggling in February then I'll be concerned. Still a tough loss to a team they should have beaten.

Music today-Mojo Nixon and the Toadliquors' Horny Holidays. I play this one a lot this time of year.