Saturday, December 21, 2002

Hie thee to the sites of Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and Pop Culture Gadabout for more on this Christmas song stuff. Thanks, fellas, for the linkage.

And as sort of a last word on the subject, let me state for the record that songs by the likes of U2, The Ramones, Tom Petty, Springsteen and The Pogues are all fine songs but they just didn't grab me for some reason. My favorite Pogues song from that album is Thousands are Sailing, anyway. "Fairytale of New York" is a nice song with amusing lyrics, but no connection, no listing.

Hope you all got to see the first and last episode of Firefly last night. It was outstanding, even though it lost something by being shown after several other episodes had already aired. Another idiotic decison by TPTB at Fox. I agree with Bill over at PCG that they just must not have had a lot of enthusiasm for the series. Hopefully Joss Whedon will find a more hospitable dock for the Serenity soon...maybe Sci-Fi or UPN. UPN might not be as interested due to the lackluster showings by Enterprise and Buffy. We'll see, I guess. If nothing else, I've got my fingers crossed for a DVD release. It's on my short list for Xmas 2003.

Gotta mention that my alma mater, Western Kentucky University, won the division 1-AA football championship last night. National champions! Go, Tops!

No comments: