Monday, December 09, 2002

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usGuess I was asleep at the wheel yesterday, because I totally forgot about it being the 22nd anniversary of John Lennon's death. Even after I had caught a 2 AM showing of the Hamburg-era Fabs biopic Backbeat, I didn't remember. I didn't remember it until I read Michele's nice piece about it over at A Small Victory. It was just a couple of years ago that I observed a candlelight vigil on the 20th anniversary of this date, so I am inclined to mark its passage...guess I've just got a lot of other things on my mind right now. So as contritely as I know how, here's my small tribute. Rest in peace, Johnny Boy. Twenty-two years later, it still pisses me off no end.

Of course you know this makes the timing of McCartney's little revisionist history play even the more heinous.