Monday, December 09, 2002

Well, my beloved Atlanta Falcons proved once again that they're not ready for prime time as they had their heads handed to them by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I thought they might make a better showing, but I wasn't surprised. It's difficult to beat a team as good as Tampa, especially on the road. They've played over their heads a lot this year-counting on Mike Vick to work miracles instead of trying to make things happen on offense without depending on him, and while their defense has some good numbers, they still look soft to me, especially in pass coverage. So I'm still excited about their chances of making the playoffs, which are still good-especially with a favorable schedule ahead-but they're still a player or two (wide receiver, mostly) away from making a real run.

No comments: