Wednesday, November 10, 2004


Mrs. B and I have recently begun getting up early in the morning and walking around the neighborhood, and this was the sunrise we were greeted with as we walked out of the door. Beauty-ful, isn't it. Don't worry, this isn't going to become another fitness blog...she really wanted to get started exercising somehow, and I thought the least I could do was come along to support her- and if I can walk off some of the fast food and Mountain Dew I ingest all day every day, well, more better.

Got nothing else ready to post yet, sorry to say...some will be happy to know that I actually started the overview of a 90s DC limited series which featured artwork from a creator who had a book which came out today, plus the other four entries in the truncated Vinyl-O of a few days ago are almost ready as well. I'm taking a break right now from the monster stack of floppy singles I got...I can't do many more of these eleven-comic weeks! I have mouths to pay and bills to feed.

I've seen movies lately, oh yes. Wonderland (Val Kilmer, not bad as John Holmes in a watchable Traffic-like flick, not as enjoyable or as clever as subject-matter-mate Boogie Nights but still engrossing; Lost In Translation a quietly beautiful and sporadically humorous film, with one of the best perfs I've ever seen from Bill Murray and oh my God, was Scarlett Johansson sexy!...even the first few minutes of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which annoyed me for some strange reason that only my therapist, if I had one, would understand. I've got it on DVD, though, so I will get back on that horse eventually. Watched the oddly anticlimactic and somewhat frustrating season finale of Dead Like Me, which still had enough great moments during the course of its second season to remain one of my favorite series at present. That's all the noteworthy TV I've watched lately...oh yeah- I also caught an airing of some anime-ish (it may be truly Japanese- I haven't investigated all that much yet) animated show called The Super Milk Chan Show...very strange stuff regardless of its country of origin. Click on the link and decide for yourself.


Apropos of nothing, am I the only person that thinks that new Bumblebee character recently introduced in the latest episode of the Teen Titans anime, I mean animated series, is sexy and cute and fun? Huh? Huh? I hope they see fit to bring her back one of these days.

Changing subjects slightly, on my way home from work this evening, I passed by a liquor store with a big banner that read "Welcome Hunters!" Now, I don't know about you, but on the short list of things one shouldn't do when one has been drinking, I would think hunting would be right up there with driving and hitting on your wife's best friend. Call me crazy, but that sign just struck me as odd. Nothing against hunters- I have many friends who do, my Dad (God rest his soul) did, and while I don't share their passion I don't begrudge them it either. It does have its place, it seems, in our mixed-up, mudled-up, shook-up world. And I realize that said alcohol is probably meant to be imbibed post-hunt...but I just got the mental picture of fellas dressed in camo and staggering around the woods Monty Python-style, hooting and hollering and firing shotguns in the air. Yee-haw!

Music today- the inevitable sequel! Jack Johnson-Brushfire Fairytales; Lloyd Cole-Lloyd Cole and Don't Get Weird On Me, Babe; Beach Boys-Surf's Up; Johnny Cash-American Recordings; Kate and Anna McGarrigle, and Mike McGear-McGear. A fascinating look into what I put into my head today as I toiled at the ULPJ.

OK, I seem to be getting on a ramble here. I'm gonna rein it in and get back to my embarrassingly large stack of comeek books now. Oyasumi Nasai, y'all.

No comments: