Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Finally!

I've been trying to access my "create new post" window all morning, but haven't been able to. Guess Blogger's a little over-extended with the reaction to last night's debacle.

It's difficult to express my disappointment at not only this state in which I live, but the country as a whole. We, as a country, had a chance to turn that affable simpleton and his scumbag handlers out and perhaps set right the diastrous course that they've got us on, but we failed miserably. I suppose that (perceived) character matters over anything else when we choose a leader. The longing for a John Wayne type is so strong with some that they'll settle for any miserable substitute, no matter how wretched and pathetic it may be. We've just sent the rest of the world this message: that we not only condone, but encourage everything Bush and his cronies have done while in office, and you better get ready for more, because the "best" is yet to come.

Right now, I'm too disgusted to even think about writing about comics, music, movies, sports, and the always popular "other stuff", which just seem kinda trivial and unnecessary to my boggled mind. I'll try to get back in the saddle later.

Since this campaign has been so God-centric, I think the following classic phrase is is appropriate: God help us all.

No comments: