Monday, November 15, 2004

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Above is a a picture of Jethro Tull, circa 1970, taken from the massive photo gallery to be found at the website of original bassist Glenn Cornick. You may also recall that Mr. Cornick (with glasses, second from left) was also the bass player in the band Paris, whose first album I wrote about in the Vinyl-O! of a couple days previous. He was also in an utterly unremarkable group post-Tull pre-Paris called Wild Turkey (I've got one album, rarely listen to it), and that group is represented as well in the gallery. If you're a closet Tull fan like me, you might find this very, very interesting- he has hundreds and hundreds of pics spanning four decades.

That's all I got for today. I had the whole day off, but as is so often the case I wind up spending it doing everything but blogging. I got my run of issues 1-8 of The Monolith in the mail today, and plan to spend the evening reading them- I've read #1 so far, and y'know, it isn't half bad- it's a shame that it's not a Vertigo book, like it probably should have been in the first place. It would, I think, read better in trades and if it was a Vertigo title it might actually get one, not to mention not get cancelled after issue 12. Oh well, I'll have a better opinion when I'm done. I also found a new free image host, and now am contemplating the arduous task of transferring my image files to it instead of the one I've been using that decided to start charging me after two years...sigh.

Other stuff:

My haul on Wednesday, per the Diamond shipping list:

HERO #22
HUMAN TARGET #16
LUCIFER #56
WALKING DEAD #13

...and that's, as the pig says, all, folks! This may be my last issue of Human Target, and unless I'm mistaken (and I may well be) this is the last issue of H-E-R-O as well. And hey- didn't Walking Dead 12 come out last week? What the fug!

I have also decided to take advantage of the two-week free trial provided by the fine folks at Netflix.com. The first three films I intend to view are Lost in La Mancha, the documentary about the aborted Terry Gilliam film about Don Quixote that I've been dying to see- Blockbuster and the other rental chains don't stock it, and I've given up on Sundance Channel ever airing it ; Teacher's Pet, the fun animated movie I saw last year and want Mrs. B to see; and A New Day Yesterday, a documentary about the history of Jethro Tull...which brings me full circle to the beginning of this post! Aren't I the clever one!

No comments: