Monday, January 21, 2008

When I was a wee lad, I used to buy a great many comics that weren't superhero titles; I would buy other companies' offerings, and once in a while (when I'd see one) I'd buy an issue of Bunny Ball. Yes, it's true. I never really got into Millie the Model or her rival Chili, or Patsy Walker (not until Hellstorm), nor was I a big Archie fan although I did buy some upon occasion. But Bunny was something else again, what I don't know- or don't care to say- because I'm a nice guy and all-around swell person and don't care to denigrate the honest efforts, no matter how inept they were, of those middle-aged men trying to be all hip, psychedelic and "yvoorg". All I know is that something about Bunny comics clicked with 6-7 year old me, who didn't really know any better, just like I'm sure they intended.

Anyway, as a result of my childhood indulgence, I retain no small amount of nostalgia for the exploits of Bunny, and Fruitman, and her artist boyfriend Marc Schlumper...and was tickled to find a blog post, on a blog that I was heretofore unaware of named I'm Learning to Share, that features a generous amount of scans from several issues of Miss Ball's comic book, posted on my birthday no less, and I thought I'd hip you all to that zoovy happening!

Here's another panel from a Bunny story, starring the Bunnyworld's answer to Sly and the Family Stone, "The Soular System"!



Phantasmagorical!

No comments: