Saturday, January 12, 2008

Whee! Just went nuts and placed a honkin' big Amazon.com order, using Christmas gift money! And in the interest of maintaining a fairly regular posting schedule, I thought I'd share:

Can't Buy Me Love: The Beatles, Britain, and America by Jonathan Gould
Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus, Vol. 1
Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus, Vol. 2
Adam Warren's Empowered Vol. 1
Adam Warren's Empowered Vol. 2
The Venture Bros. - Season Two DVD
"I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks" TPB
Under the Blacklight - Rilo Kiley
Children Running Through - Patty Griffin

The last two were bought from Amazon Associates. $182, baby!

Of course, there are two more Kirby Omnibi out or coming soon, and I won't be getting them anytime soon, but I just had a hankerin' to reread those early Fourth World sagas and figured this was the best way to do it. That Beatles book is supposed to be really good; hope it's not as depressing as the last few Fabs-related tomes I've read. I've wanted those Adam Warren books for some time now as well, and have seen plenty of online samples so it looks real good- even though I wish it was inked. The Rilo Kiley and Patty Griffin CDs are releases I should have picked up ages ago. Couldn't not get that Venture Bros. set, since I've had such a blast with the first one. Damn, I hope season 3 starts soon!

But uf cuss I'll review the comics-related stuff ASAP.

No comments: