Monday, January 14, 2008

Trying to fall back into old habits by maintaining a fairly regular posting schedule here- and one of the ways I'd do that when I was not feeling particularly opinionated was by posting a list of comics I was getting in the upcoming week.

For a few weeks there, DCBS was sending me weekly shipments even though I only paid for bi-weekly. Apparently someone noticed, so they're back to doing it right- but that means that I had to wait three weeks instead of two...so here's what I should be getting this weekend, three weeks' worth:

LOBSTER JOHNSON: THE IRON PROMETHEUS #5
NORTHLANDERS #2
SPIRIT #12
B.P.R.D.: 1946 #1
TEEN TITANS: THE LOST ANNUAL
OMEGA THE UNKNOWN #4
FELL #9
AMERICAN VIRGIN #22
HAWAIIAN DICK #2
IMMORTAL IRON FIST #12
CATWOMAN #75
100 BULLETS #87

Looking forward to that Teen Titans Annual, the last Bob Haney script. I remember writing a little about it back when it was first announced something like four years ago. I've seen page scans on scans_daily and other places, and it looks totally nuts.

Wow- Fell! How many issues of that title came out in '07? I recall listing it in my best of 2006, but when I was going back through my reviews for '07's list I don't think I gave it anything higher than a B. But it's been so long since I remember reading an issue that I'm not sure why, although I do recall one issue that had Detective Fell acting so much out of character that I thought Ellis was "taking the piss", as our British friends say, at the expense of his readers.

Always happy to get a new issue of Hawaiian Dick, and Omega. And it seems odd to write this now, but I'm actually looking forward to the next (penultimate, sadly) issue of American Virgin.

No comments: