Thursday, January 31, 2008

As a fanboy I am made of fail, as my two weeks' worth of comics shipment, arriving tomorrow (fingers crossed) bears out. Want proof? Here's proof:

FAKER #6
HELLBLAZER #240
WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT #13
JACK STAFF SPECIAL #1
DAREDEVIL #104

That's it! Of course, I'm still trying to get through several GNs and collections, not to mention the "real" book reading I'm attempting to do right now...so fear not, my eyes will get no rest.

As you may have guessed, I'm most excited about that JACK STAFF SPECIAL; Paul Grist has been working ahead, I hear, to try and maintain a monthly schedule and this one-shot is supposed to be one of those "jumping on points" you hear so much about. FAKER gets its finale, and I don't have high hopes for it; despite its pedigree, it's been dull and confusing and shouldn't go in a prominent place on either creator's resume. Of course, I reserve the right to be surprised. HELLBLAZER and DAREDEVIL have been consistently good and consistently readable lately, so no worries there, and who the hell knows what THE SPIRIT's grab-bag of creators will bring to the table. Hopefully more than the last grab-bag group.

And uf cuss I will review them all, in good time...in good time.

No comments: