Saturday, April 17, 2004

OK. Got to make this quick.

Thursday evening, got together with some of the survivors of Black Tuesday (the day, one year ago on the 15th of April, when we were all made redundant by the fine folks at Camping World and AGI) at the mexican restuarant where we met to drown our sorrows after the axe fell on that fateful day. So, faithful to the spirit of the memory of the event, I foolishly proceeded to drink too much and got a bit tipsy, which meant I got home pretty late. Had to get up the next morning at 6 am. Felt crappy all day, and on top of that it was ungodly busy, which meant no time for blogging. When I got home, I fell into the easy chair and was asleep by 9:00. Woke up and went to bed. So that explains my absence from your headspace yesterday.

Today, it's 10:12 and I have twenty three skadillion things to do, like cut the grass (I haven't done that yet this year, and brother, it's tall), get my oil changed, trim the overgrown holly tree in front of my house, etcetera, etcetera. I hope perhaps to get around to doing some posting tonight, but who knows. Tomorrow, I am once again the ringmaster of the holy roller circus from 6 am to 2:30 pm at good old WLOC, so I might get some post time then. Can't say. But Monday- sweet Monday- I'm off from work, and wonderfully obligation-free except for a dental appointment, so I hope to make blog hay for sure then.

Stay tuned!

In the meantime, go check out the following:

A sweet poster and site for Lebowskifest, an annual event held in Louisville. Maybe I'll attend one of these days. Found at Rockin Rhonda's.

The ergonomic pirate keyboard, over at Ken's. The "avast" key is a hoot and a half.

No comments: