Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Just saw over at Franklin's where this humble blog has come in at #76 on Blogarama's 100 Cool Blogs list. Not to toot my own horn, you understand...I was just happy to be included. Franklin and Bill Sherman also are on the list, as is the lovely Agatha's Experience, to whom I've been proudly linked for quite some time now. On this blog. I've unfortunately never met her.

Of course, there's no mention of how exactly this list was determined, so don't worry, I won't get the big head.

I was gonna follow up on last night's AiT/Planet Lar reviews with more, but I got the new Mojo magazine and it's chock full of musical goodness including feature articles on Queen and Sparks, and even a "how to buy" article on an artist I've been very interested in lately, John Martyn. So tonight I read. Reviews later.

The ongoing saga of me vs. my comics shop continues, as for some reason they only ordered one copy of Deep Sleeper 2, which went to the other holds customer signed up for it. They tried to explain why this was so but the explanation, sadly, didn't make much sense. They assured me that another copy is on the way, but this is getting old. I also just plain old overlooked Swamp Thing 2, which I neglected to add to my pull list after picking up #1 on an impulse. I recently checked out MyComicsShop.com, which offers discounts and significantly lower shipping costs (if you consider $8 a month significant), even if you choose weekly shipping. I have until April 26 to decide whether I want to try them out. I haven't checked to see if they bag 'n' board their (or, actually your) comics.

Still haven't seen Hellboy yet, thanks for asking. Maybe this weekend.

FedEx made another delivery to my door today, but no one was at home to receive it. They're supposed to bring it back tomorrow, and someone should be here to sign for it. Could it be the long-awaited package from Trevor Von Eeden? Stay tuned...!

OK. Back to the easy chair and Mojo. Oyasumi Nasai.

No comments: