Monday, April 05, 2004

I was, like many of my comics blogospheriverse peers, invited a while back to participate in a group comics blog, named Four Color Hell. However, it seems to have lately fallen into disuse, and after a while I kinda let it slide as well. It's become a haven for comments spammers, sad to say. So imagine my surprise when I received this legitimate comment:

To the 4 color hell guy: thanks for the kind words. I should like very much to bring back Timespirits, first as a reprint for the generation that has come since I left comics, and then as the continuing series I had always envisioned. The Timespirits graphic novel "Doot Lives" never was published, and the script remains in a drawer, along with many other adventures of Cusick. I've tried to contact Tom (Yeates) but this is only the third week I have entered into the world of the internet -- surprised anyone remembers. After whoring on Thundercats and Silverhawks, and losing a major motion picture deal, I bummed and, while writing all these years, have published nothing since 1991.

Wow! Steven Perry, the writer of one of my all-time favorite comics series, the Epic/Marvel mid-80s Timespirits, found the list of 12 comics everyone should read, and felt moved to comment! I'm geeked in that fanboy way, for sure. It's especially cool to get an update on what he's been up to lately...I had wondered. I would love with all my heart to see him get another shot at continuing Timespirits, that's for sure. If any of you enterprising indie publishers are reading this, check into it!

No comments: