Sunday, March 02, 2003

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wasn't going to post anything today (actually yesterday, this is being written at 1:21 AM Sunday the 2nd) but while I was clicking around here and there I ran across a thread on the DC message boards wishing a happy 79th birthday to writer Arnold Drake, who worked for DC and Marvel in the 50's, 60s and 70s, and wrote (and in some cases created) many, many characters and books including the Doom Patrol, Deadman, the Phantom Stranger (he had the unenviable task of following the outstanding Wein/Aparo run), Stanley and His Monster and (as you may have guessed from the image above) Super-Hip, in the pages of the Adventures of Bob Hope!

I felt I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge it, so a happy Belated Bacardi Show Birthday to ya, Mr. Drake. Thanks for all the cool stories.