Friday, March 21, 2003

Friday Five in the hizzouse!

1. If you had the chance to meet someone you've never met, from the past or present, who would it be?

There are at least a dozen people I could name. Right now, I think it would be William Blake. Ask me tomorrow and it will probably be someone else. Definitely someone who has made a big impression on me, for sure.

2. If you had to live in a different century, past or future, which would it be?

It might be interesting to live in the 18th century, when things were so different, a simpler, more agrarian lifestyle was prevalent and some significant things were happening in the world. But then again, health care was nonexistent, and that's a tremendous downside.

3. If you had to move anywhere else on Earth, where would it be?

For several years I wanted to move to Alaska, because it had less people per capita than any state in the US...but this winter has cured me of that, plus I'm not as antisocial as I used to be so now I'm inclined to say Hawaii. I'd open a print shop there. How many can there be in Hawaii? I wouldn't mind giving Japan a chance, too.

4. If you had to be a fictional character, who would it be?

Fafhrd the Barbarian, of Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories. Those fellows lived large.

5. If you had to live with having someone else's face as your own for the rest of your life, whose would it be?

Well, it would look funny on my body, but I'd say Tom Cruise. Whether or not you think he's much of an actor, you gotta admit he's a handsome sumbitch.

No comments: