Friday, March 14, 2008

Ima get new commeeks today, I hopes.

These be:

THE RIDE: DIE VALKYRIE #3 (Remember this? Probably not. I barely do, it's been so long)

POWERS #28

CASANOVA #12

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE NEW FRONTIER SPECIAL (I've read so many reviews already that I feel like I've read this already)

NORTHLANDERS #4

OMEGA THE UNKNOWN #6 (Jog wrote a great review of this one the other day)

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: THE PHANTOM STRANGER TP VOL 02 (AKA back to my teenage years...again) ETA: When I got this this afternnon, I was surprised and delighted to see almost every backup story that appeared in these comics, with one exception. I was especially happy to see the Steve Skeates/Bernard Baily Spawn of Frankenstein stories that I don't own in singles format anymore. They're still pretty bad, but it was fun to reread them. For some reason, they didn't include the handful of Black Orchid stories that saw print in PS for a while there- guess she didn't fit in with the other, more traditional horror-style content.

IRON MAN: ENTER THE MANDARIN #6 (Grande finale of a mini which I've loved, but I don't think too many others have even read)

ABE SAPIEN: THE DROWNING #2

B.P.R.D.: 1946 #3 (Sims knows the score on this one)

I also received yet another fat envelope full of indie books from Microcosm publishing, god love 'em, stuff I would never buy on my own but fear not, as I did last time I'll try to cover a couple; and I also received some good (and a couple of not-so-good, but in all fairness I only read #1) stuff from Oni. Scalped is gonna get its own spotlight review. Hopefully all this will be up by the middle of next week.

Three posts in one day! Whew!

No comments: